Why is Bison meat better for you?
Over the past three years, bison meat has becoming more popular because people are realizing how beneficial it is for your health. Bison is surprisingly one of the leanest meats and is even lower in calories than grilled chicken breast! Bison meat is a great source of many nutrients which include; zinc, iron, niacin, phosphorous, Vitamin B6 and selenium.
Health Benefits of Bison meat
- Each 3-ounce serving contains 24 grams of protein.
- Low in cholesterol, fat and calories
- Not a gamey meat
- Bison are raised with no growth stimulants, hormones or antibiotics.
- Has a greater concentration of Iron
- Bison was listed as one of the 5 foods women should eat because of the high Iron levels
- Heart-healthier choice
- One of the most flavorful red meats available